and Smart Grid Solutions
The Intelligent Metering and Smart Grid Solutions is the strategic direction of our Applied R&D efforts, in line with the strategic directives of the European Commission regarding the future of the energy sector.
SIRIUS-SGS is a software and hardware platform for intelligent power systems connectible to Smart Grid, having at core the concept of Virtual Power Entity (VPE), connected to the Energy Web.
(More about SIRIUS-SGS in the product page.)
EDEN is a package of software applications for acquisition, processing and reporting of energy data, supporting the energy business of suppliers and energy consumers.
(More about EDEN in the product page.)
ANSER is a specialized package of applications for measuring, calculating and reporting the ancillary services delivered by energy producers (power plants) in the power networks.
(More about ANSER in the product page.)
- Metering System for OMV Petrom;
- Public Lighting Remote Management System for Pitesti Municipality;
- VPP with Hydro / CCPP and Wind Power Plants national-wide;
- VPP between Hidroelectrica HPPs and OMV Petrom 860 MW CCPP Brazi with extended time SCADA functionality.
Transelectrica, Hidroelectrica, Areva, GE, Electrica, OMV Petrom, Energy Holding, ALPIQ RomEnergie, Pitesti and Sibiu Municipalities.
Metering System for OMV Petrom
The project consists of a large implementation of the EDEN metering application for around 1,500 metering points. An extended and efficient DLMS meters readout scalable vector architecture is allowing an easy migration to higher readout capacity. The project has also logically distributed tasks with automatic balancing features, web-oriented user access and flexible reconfiguration.
Client’s advantages include:
- Deregulated energy market access;
- Flexibility in choosing the energy supplier;
- Reduced bill by accurate measurement at exact border with the distribution company;
- Consumption prediction and comparative analysis of tariffs;
- Follow-up of energy quality through electrical readout diagram on request;
- Support for further analysis for optimization of energy consumption.
Public Lighting Remote Management System for Pitesti Municipality
The system integrates several functions as telemetering readouts, remote
commands and consumption monitoring, in a consistent and scalable
hardware and software solution.
- Increases the efficiency of the used energy;
- Reduction of illegal consumption in the public lighting network;
- Optimizes the cost of the consumed energy;
- Enables the client to have the status of active eligible consumer;
- Optimization of the maintenance of the public lighting network.
It is the first Romanian system for monitoring the public lighting network via the Internet on a fiber optic network directly connected to the energy meters, available for direct access from a Central Point using Wide Area Network technologies.
VPP with Hydro / CCPP and Wind Power Plants national-wide
A Virtual Power Plant (VPP) with a portfolio of renewables such as wind and solar power plants, combined with a controllable generation facility, such as a gas-fired Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) is ideal for complementing the stochastic behavior of renewables with a deterministic energy production.
The detailed simulation of such a VPP has been extensively performed in typical days of a year, based on real-time data for wind production and on advanced VPP algorithms for controlling the total production, such that the whole being acting as a predictable and efficient power plant. The simulations have shown a high potential for reducing balancing costs, while meeting the contractual arrangements of the VPP.
VPP between Hidroelectrica HPPs and OMV Petrom 860 MW CCPP Brazi with extended time SCADA functionality
The application takes advantage of the complementarity between the flexibility of Hidroelectrica’s Hydro Power Plants and the OMV Petrom 860 MW CCPP Brazi working under restricted conditions.
With the SIRIUS-SGS platform a balancing support functionality is provided inside the VPP, such that the balancing services acquired from the centralized market are widely reduced.
(available at 10-30 seconds)
u1(t), u2(t), u3(t) – line voltages
i1(t), i2(t), i3(t) – phase currents
p1(t), p2(t), p3(t) – active powers
q1(t), q2(t), o3(t) – reactive powers
Events (1 sec. resolution)
Market related values
(available at 1 min-15 min)
Pprog – programmed Power
Pp – produced Power
Eprog – contracted Energy
Eprod – produced Energy
Edez – Energy unbalance
Tr – remained Time (sec.)